David A. Strand Diversity Achievement Award
President Emeritus David A. Strand served as an administrator and faculty member at Illinois State University from 1978-1999, concluding his career as the University's 15th President. During his time at Illinois State, he outlined and implemented many initiatives to challenge the University in its commitment to diversity.
Strand established the Diversity Achievement Award in 1994 to recognize a current Illinois State University faculty or staff member who is instrumental in extraordinary curricular or program activities that assist the University in responding, more assuredly, to its commitment to diversity. The Award recipient receives individual recognition.
Illinois State University is fortunate to have many faculty and staff who are committed to diversity. Please help us recognize these deserving individuals by submitting a nomination, on their behalf, for this important Award. Faculty, staff, students, emeritus faculty, retirees, and friends of the University are encouraged to submit nominations. Self-nominations also are welcome.
Award Criteria and Eligibility | Award Criteria and Eligibility
Award Criteria and Eligibility:
All faculty and staff members of Illinois State University who meet the following qualifications may be considered for the Strand Diversity Achievement Award:
- Must currently hold a full time position in the University.
- Must be instrumental in extraordinary curricular or program activities that assist the University in responding to its core value of diversity as outlined in Educate Connect Elevate: Illinois State – The Strategic Plan for Illinois’ First Public University 2018-2023.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in one or more of the following areas:
- Service to the Illinois State University campus community
- Teaching (including other scholarly and artistic activities)
- Community outreach (connecting campus to the community)
- Program development
- Professional development
- Additional work or research
Nominators should submit this electronic nomination form along with the following supporting documents. All supporting documents must be attached at the time of submission.
- A letter of nomination (unless self-nominating)
- Two letters of support that demonstrate how the nominee meets the selection criteria, one of which must come from the nominee’s immediate supervisor
- The nominee’s current vitae/resume
- A statement from the nominee articulating their commitment to diversity as articulated in Illinois State University's strategic plan, Educate Connect Elevate: Illinois State – The Strategic Plan for Illinois’ First Public University 2018-2023
Form is loading...